Church of South India
Get Adobe Flash player

About the Pastorate

In 1825, Rev. C.T.E. Rhenius visited Seval and formed the Church. Pastoral Ministry was started in Seval from 1869. Seval became a Pastorate from 1911 and Rev. S.A. Daniel was the first Presbyter at Seval. Although the Circle Chairman resided at Idayankulam, the Circle was named as Seval Circle. Seval had such a prominence in the Church History because of its origin of conversion from Hinduism and through the ministry of John, a catechist. During the tenure of the Rev. S. Jeyapaul David, the need of the High School was felt. Preliminary steps were taken and land procured. Schemes of a new Parsonage, a High School and the extension of the Church were sown when the Rev. M. Appadurai was the presbyter. The High School scheme was fulfilled in 1992 when the Rev. M. Rajasekaran was the prebyter. The Parsonage was newly built in 1999 and was dedicated by the Rt. Rev. Jason S. Dharmaraj, during the period of Rev. D. Andrew Christopher.

Seval Pastorate has 8 village Congregations (Dedication dates are given in brackets):

  • St. John’s Church, Mela Seval (15.12.1886)
  • Christ Church, Mela Thidiyur (15.10.1909)
  • Good Shepherd Church, Vadavoorpatti (15.9.1923)
  • St. John the Evangelist Church, Gopalasamudram (4.8.1935)
  • St. Peter’s Church, Chokkalingapuram (30.6.1960)
  • Christ Church, Pathamadai (25.10.1961)
  • Christ Church, Piranchery (14.6.1971)
  • St. Paul’s Church, Tiruvalluvar Nagar (8.9.1996)
Select your Pastorate

Select Clergy