About the Pastorate
Rev. Rhenius spread the Gospel in the area of North Tirunelveli from 1825. Rev. T.G. Raghland also worked in this area and during his time people accepted Christ. Churches were built in the villages like Sankarankovil, Vagaikulam and others. From 1955 Sankarankovil became a pastorate unit. There are 11 schools in the pastorate which serve the society.
The congregations under this pastorate are:
- Mela Alamkulam
- Jerusalem Dharmanagar
- V. Alankulam