About the Pastorate
The Christian presence at Pottalpatti is found as early as in 1820. An American mission ‘Plymouth brethren’ has sown the seeds of Gospel in this area. Rew. Rhenius had visited this area in 1823. Rev. Thomas Gazetan Raghland’s tireless efforts have nourished the churches in Pottalpatti and Purakudayanpatti during the period 1840-1860.
There are 8 congregations in this pastorate. Around 100 families have turned to Christianity in the past five years. New Church buildings, towers and pucca buildings are the evidence of the love and care of the congregations towards the life and ministry of the Church. The Annual Thanksgiving Festival is held in the 2nd week of July at Pottalpattai.
The congregation under the Pastorate are:
- Holy Trinity Church, Pottalpatti
- St. Stephen’s Church, Purakudayanpatti (Gomathimuthupuram)
- Good samaritan’s Church, Dhalavaipuram
- St. Paul’s Church, Mangudi
- St. Mathew’s Church, Melur Duraisamypuram
- St. Peter’s Church, Vedanayagapuram
- World Redeemer’s Church, Inam Koilpatti
- Good Shepherd’s Church, Sethur