Church of South India
Get Adobe Flash player

About the Pastorate

The Kudankulam congregation was started in the year 1802 by the L.M.S. Missionary Rev. Ringal Thoube. The congregation grew from the beginning of 3 convert who were baptized by Rev. Sathianathan on 23.11.1802. A church was built by the L.M.S. and it is now the main building for the middle school. The congregation was handed over by the L.M.S. to the Bishop Rt. Rev. Caldwell who was in charge of S.P.G. then. On 5.1.1876 Bishop J Fredrick dedicated the present St. Andrew’s Church. The tower was built later. The pastorate runs 5 Elementary Schools and a Middle School.
The congregations in the pastorate are:

  •     St. Andrew’s Church, Kudankulam (5.1.1876)
  •     Radhapuram (1902)
  •     Kamaneri
  •     Parkaneri (1845)
  •     Maruthappapuram
  •     Kumilampadu (1900)
  •     Kanakkankulam (1845)
  •     Chidambarapuram (1907)
  •     Mudavankulam
  •     Parameswarapuram (1976)
  •     Vairavikkinaru
  •     Anna Ponnagar
Select your Pastorate

Select Clergy