About the Pastorate
Around 150 years back Chinnammalpuram was a village of Hindus . A Brahmin lady by name ‘Aachi’ owned the village. The village was called ‘Aachiyur’. She was also called as ‘Chinnammal’, and the village name also got changed to ‘Chinnammalpuram’.
In late 19th century Gospel reached this village through Dohnavur Missionaries. The whole village got converted to Christianity. And they built St. James Church (2.11.1881) at the center of the village. A tower was erected in 1941. There are fifty five families worshiping the Lord in this church.
There are twelve village congregations under this pastorate:
- St. James Church, Chinnamalpuram
- Holy Trinity Church, Kandigaiperi
- St. Paul’s Church, Kannanallur
- St. Thomas Church, Anaikulam
- Immanuel Church, Nallankulam (24.10.1996)
- Holy Trinity Church, Panisakulam
- All Saints Church, Illayanainarkulam
- Keela Shanmugapruam
Important Festivals in the Pastorate
Pastorate Harvest festival will held in the second week of August every year. Children Festival is held in all the congregations.