About the Pastorate
Cheranmahadevi Church was founded by CMS Missionary Rev. C.T.E. Rhenius. The Pastorate, which was formed in 1887, has 11 congregations. Holy Immanuel Church at Cheranmahadevi was dedicated on 8 April 1925.
St. Paul’s Church, Kooniyur celebrates its Dedication Day on 31 January, while Dedication Day of Pudukudi Church is 7th April.
The congregations under this pastorate are:
- Holy Immanuel Church, Cheranmahadevi (8.4.1925)
- Muneeswaran Kudiyiruppu (1934)
- St. Paul’s Church, Kooniyur (25.2.1934)
- Pudukudi (7.4.1941)
- C. Samathanapuram (1880)
- St. Mary’s Church, Veeravanallur (10.7.1925)
- Pottal (15.12.1977)
- Vellankuzhi (23.12.75)
- Malaichengulam (1920)
- Pudu Colony