About the Pastorate
Devarkulam became a pastorate from 1976. It has 16 congregations and 6 schools. Pastorate headquarters is at Devarkulam, which is situated in the Tirunelveli – Sankarankovil Main Road. Most of the congregation members are engaged in agriculture work. There is spiritual thirst among Christians and others. The Pastorate expects more church growth in the next ten years.
There are twelve village congregations under this pastorate:
- St. Thomas Church, Devarkulam (1930)
- Moovirunthali (29.6.1927)
- Adaikalapuram (1792)
- Messiahpuram (1957)
- South Panavadali (1880)
- St. John’s Church, North Panavadali (1800)
- Christ Church, Panavadali Chathram
- Perumalpatti (1961)
- Kurukkalpatti (1954)
- Pallankulam (1.9.1979)
Church dedication festival is observed at St. Thomas Church, Devarkulam on 21 December and at Christ Church, Panavadali Chatram on 24 April. Harvest Festival is celebrated in February.